Easy, quick and tasty fish vegetable soup
Low Calorie Fish and Vegetable Soup Recipe
Low Calorie Fish and Vegetable Soup
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 thin leek
- 1 liter/ about 4 cups vegetable stock
- 175 ml/ ¾ cup heavy cream
- 120 ml/ ½ cup milk
- 300 g/ 10.5 oz Pollack filet (or other fish filet)
- salt and pepper
- some fresh lemon juice
- Chop the garlic and onion very finely. Heat the olive oil and cook the onions until the onions are translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute, stirring often.
- Chop the carrots, potatoes and bell pepper into small pieces. Cut the leek into thin rings. Add them to the pot and cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring a few times in between.
- Add the vegetable stock, bring everything to a boil and cook until the vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime cut the fish filets into bite-sized pieces.
- When the vegetables are soft, add the fish, heavy cream, milk, salt and pepper to the soup and cook for another 5 minutes or so. Check the fish and take care not to overcook it.
- Adjust the taste with some freshly squeezed lemon juice and serve immediately with rye bread.
Recipe attribution Foodista.com under Creative Commons 3.0