This is the perfect go to soup, fresh from the garden or in the deepest cold of winter.
Green Bean Potato Soup
- 3 cups green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 quart milk
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a heavy pot, melt butter over medium low heat
- Add minced garlic, being careful not to burn
- Add potatoes and green beans.
- Sauté in butter for 3 to 5 minutes
- Add vegetable stock and milk, salt and pepper
- Heat until milk is steaming