This soup is great for weight loss, it has only 150 kcal per serving. Substitute either your lunch or dinner with this soup.
Ginger Orange Beetroot Soup
- 2 lbs beets
- 5 tbsps ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 onion (roughly chopped)
- 3½ cups vegetable stock
- 2½ oranges (juiced)
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Place the ginger, onion, beetroot and stock in a large saucepan.
- Reduce the heat when it starts to boil and simmer for 1 hour 30 minutes, until the beetroot is tender.
- Remove from the heat.
- Process in a blender in batches until smooth, adding the orange juice to the last batch.
- Return the blended ingredients to the large saucepan and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper, gently heat through and serve.
Calories: 150 kcal per serving