What is the Cabbage Soup Diet?
Cabbage Soup Diet is a diet classic. Its origin is unknown, but it has been popular since at least the 1980s. The Cabbage Soup Diet is known around the world.
What is the cabbage soup diet is based on?
The cabbage soup diet is based on low intake of carbohydrate, a small calorie count, and diuretics. The cabbage soup diet was originally used in hospitals for fast weight reduction for obese patients prior to surgery.
The Cabbage Soup Diet is a diet where you’ll eat cabbage soup whenever you feel hungry. The diet is recommended for a maximum period of up to 2 weeks.
With cabbage soup diet the weight should drop about 10 pounds a week. It is therefore a very drastic and rapid weight loss. Inevitably, the majority of the lost weight is just plain fluid.
7 Day Cabbage Soup Diet instructions:
These diet instructions are for information only and should not be taken as medical advice. Always consult your doctor or other health professional before starting a diet.
In order for the cabbage soup diet to be effective, it must be strictly followed.
You’ll also need to drink plenty of water (at least 3 liters a day) for the toxins to leave the body.
Completely prohibited during the Cabbage Soup diet are: bread, alcoholic drinks, coffee, tea and soft drinks.
Cabbage soup and as many fruit as you want (no bananas).
Cabbage soup and vegetables. One baked potato with butter for dinner. No fruit.
Cabbage soup and fruit and vegetables (no carrots or bananas).
Cabbage soup and skim milk or yoghurt. 2-3 bananas.
Cabbage soup, 1,2 lbs (565g) beef and 6 tomatoes.
Cabbage soup and the desired number of head of cattle and vegetables (not potatoes).
Cabbage soup, brown rice, vegetables
Cabbage Soup Diet Pros
- Instructions are simple and easy to follow.
- The diet is inexpensive
- All the ingredients (cabbage, cabbage and more cabbage)) are easily obtainable.
- The diet is brief, lasts maximum of two weeks.
Cabbage Soup Diet Cons
- Cabbage can cause flatulence and bloating.
- The diet contains little of certain nutrients.
- Not suitable for pregnant women, frail, elderly or diabetic.
- Weight returns easily after the diet
Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe
This cabbage soup contains hardly any calories, so it can be eaten freely whenever you are hungry.
- 1 medium-sized cabbage
- 3-6 large onions
- 3-6 carrots
- 1 bunch of celery
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 to 2 cans crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups (1 liter) water and 2 vegetable stock cubes or 4 cups (1 liter) vegetable stock
- Salt, pepper, chili to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Peel and chop the vegetables.
- Peel and chop the onions and fry them in oil in a frying pan.
- Cook vegetables in vegetable stock, then reduce heat and simmer until they are tender.
- Add the onion and the rest of the ingredients. Bring to the boil and simmer for a while.
The cabbage soup recipe variations:
– You can leave the tomatoes out completely
– The soup can be pureed until smooth and garnished with basil
– You can also add other vegetables such as zucchini, green beans, peas, broccoli or cauliflower.